Are you thinking about starting something new? – Something like blogging? Want to be a blogger? But you don’t know where to begin and somehow you’re clueless or maybe confused – then you haven’t come in a wrong place, this blog is definitely for you. So, let’s just start with the definition of blog without wasting any other second.
A blog (a shortened form of “Weblog”) is an online journal or information website where folks share their views on an individual topic and blogging is an opportunity where you’re given chances to write about anything like any topics, your experiences or anything related business, any projects that might bring you money. Though what you want to write about is totally up to you but it will be more interesting, more attractive to others if you focus on your passion and something that you are passionate about.
The purposes of blogging:
Nowadays blogging is getting enormous popularity because of its purposes. Have you ever thought about the purposes of blogs? Or ever thought how many blogs are there? Well, there are nearly 600million blogs on the internet and since it has many benefits or purposes the number is growing continuously. There are several reasons to start a blog, some use for personal reason and some use for business purpose. In business you rely on customers to keep buying your products and services but in a new business you rely on blogging to get potential customers and grab their attention. Without blogging nothing can help you to get attention of customers, your website would may invisible, whereas running a weblog makes you searchable and competitive.
So, as you can see the main purpose of blogging is to attach you to the relevant audience and boost your traffic. The more frequent and preferred your blog posts are, the higher the possibilities for your website to get discovered and visited by your targeted folks.
Why blogs? :
We have so many options like newspaper, news TV channel, news website etc. but why do we choose blogs? Let me guess you haven’t thought about it. Right? Well, I’m here to explain – I’ve figured of some reasons that blogs exist or we chose them instead of having so many options.
- To Educate: We use blogs to educate us and also others, I’m quite sure you’re aware that new ideas, news and information are being created daily. If we don’t try to learn them constantly we are not just acknowledging them, we are knowing less and staying at the same level, no progress at all. So, blogs are excellent way to research on something helpful and to provide education folks in whatever topic you select.
- To Inform: News blogs are commonly known as information blogs. They normally share news that is focusing on letting you know about products and service that is of interest to their readers. Through them folks know about what is going on around the world, what’s new is being created, how to use them, about them, about their pros and cons etc. News bloggers can easily share opinion maybe that’s the main reason they can be terribly popular.
- To Entertain: Entertainment is very essential part in our life – entertainment is like a pleasure, without it life is like walking with barefoot on a hot desert. People love to be entertained, it decrease work stress, depression and it reminds us that we also need to relax. I literally can’t see the world without it, without it people would feel dead. So, not all blogs have to be serious, they should be also focused on entertainment, sharing stories, gossiping, dancing, singing and humor like being completely random.
- To Earn: Many people earn living by blogging. Blogging can be quite lucrative if it done correctly. Just a few hours a week writing a piece of content can bring you profit and it is one of the reason why blog is getting so popularity. If you love work from home, then it’s the best option for you to earn money just by sitting in your bedroom with a cup of tea.
Start a blog in 5 steps:
Start anything is never easy, you do mistake maybe lots of mistake but right guide can make it easier. All you need to do is follow the steps and your path will be easy. Though there are several steps to create a blog but the main five steps that you need to know to get started is just given right below:
- Choose a Domain Name: Many people don’t know what domain is. Let me make it easy for you – Domain name is the address of your website that people type in the browser URL bar to visit your website. No matter what niche you choose, your domain name will be the name by which you will be known online. There are some tips for domain name.
- Any spaces or punctuation cannot be used other than a dash in a domain name.
- .com version is really popular, If the .com version is already registered you can still get the .net or .org version of the name.
- Add small words like “a”, “my”, “best”, or “the”. As an example, this website is named TheMassMedia.com rather than MassMedia.com.
- Add dashes between words – My-House .com.
- Pick a Niche & a Name: If you don’t have an idea for a name, there are few ways to find a good blog topic.
- You can share your personal occurrences, everyone has lessons they have learned through life expertise. Sharing this information may be unbelievably useful to others in similar situations. You could write about the things you have experienced in life. This might be associated with your family , work or alternative life experiences (a blog regarding handling a distressful time like an illness or divorce, or a few happy time like getting ready for a wedding or a birth of a child).
- Hobbies or different interests you are obsessed on are a good place to begin. Cooking, travel, fashion, sports, and cars are all classic examples. However even blogs regarding a lot of obscure hobbies may be productive, since your audience is anyone within the world with the internet.
- You can share information about company, services, products and maybe lot of information through blogging.
Once you’ve got a topic it’s time to decide on your blog name, also referred to as your domain name. A good blog name ought to be descriptive so potential guests will instantly tell what your blog is regarding simply from the name.
- Choose a Blogging Platform: At this stage you need to search out the best-suited blogging web site to begin building your own blog. When it comes to blogging sites, there is a wide selection of platforms. I recommend using self-hosted WordPress blog software system if you are serious regarding blogging.
- Design a blog: Now when you have everything you need to design your blog. These days, you don’t need to be an expert web designer or developer to create your blog look beautiful! Once you install WordPress software system, you’ll be able to select pre-designed themes based on your preferences.
- Create Meaningful & Unique Content: Now you’re ready to share, write and post information online. But keep in mind that you need to make fresh and useful content so that your readers will love and want to come back for more. There are a lot of blogs in internet, with hundreds of millions of other blogs out there fighting for attention, you are going to need to create something very amazing to stand out from the crowd. To find success in blogging you must publish unique, fresh, meaningful, useful and very wonderful content.
Remember starting with a blog is your first step in entering the blogging world. However, to be successful in blogging you have to learn more, practice and learning can make things better.